Safeguard Your Home From Water Damage And Cleanup Costs
With sprinklers, pools, and even summer rain showers, our homes in Riverside are going to become exposed to external water sources on a daily basis. As wonderful as water can be, when it finds its way into our homes uninvited, it can cause some serious damage. There are steps that can be taken to help prevent your home from falling victim to exterior water damage, and most of them can be done while you are enjoying those nice summer nights in your yard.
Water Damage Cleanup In Riverside
From our water damage cleanup experts at PRC, here are just a few things you can do around your home to safeguard it from water damage:
- Inspect your basement for any cracks or gaps. Prevent basement water seepage by resealing your basement. Cracks in foundations and flooring can be easy targets for water, so to ensure that no water will find its way into the basement from outside, sealant or caulk can be used to seal those gaps.
- Direct drain pipes away from your home’s foundation. If rain gutters and pipes are not directing water far enough away from your home, that water will settle into the soil and make its way toward your home’s foundation. Once the ground gets too saturated, that water will look for other places to go and will try to force itself into your home.
- Routinely inspect your roof. Any damaged or missing shingles expose your home to all the elements outside. The roof of your home is its first line of defense, and if the integrity of it is compromised, water will take advantage and seep inside. It is a good idea to inspect your roof at least twice a year, once in the fall and again in the spring. Make any necessary repairs or improvements as soon as you notice the problem. Doing this can save you from expensive water damage cleanup in the future.
- Make sure windows and doors are properly sealed. Water can seep in through gaps in doors and around windows. Caulk may need to be touched up or redone, and doors may need hinges tightened or adjusted to ensure a full seal against the outside elements and water seepage.
- Clean your gutters periodically. Clogged rain gutters will cause water to build up and leak out instead of following downspouts away from your home. You want water to flow off of the roof and away from the home, and when gutters get clogged with debris it will greatly increase the risk of pooling and flooding water.
- Check sprinklers and irrigation systems around the house. If there are burst or leaky pipes, water can pool under the grass and find its way to the foundation of your home. Flooded yards can easily spread to flooded homes.
Even with all these precautions taken, water damage can still occur. When you need water damage cleanup in Riverside, call PRC. Regardless of the type and amount of water that has damaged your home, we will be able to get it cleaned up as soon as possible. Call the water damage cleanup experts at PRC right away and rest assured that we will get your water damage cleaned up.